Moulding silicone and catalyst are sold together in a ratio of 100:5, i.e:
- 1kg silicone+50 grams catalyst
- 5kg silicone + 250 grams catalyst
- 25kg silicone+1,25kg catalyst.
Mould making silicone is a two-component silicone elastomer, which, when mixed at a temperature of
They cross-link, resulting in a flexible, elastic end product with excellent mechanical properties.
They are widely used in the production of moulds for the reproduction of wax models, ceramics, wood, metal, stone, plaster, etc., in materials such as polyester resins, polyurethane, artificial stone, alabaster, plaster, etc.
- APPEARANCE - Fluid paste
- COLOUR - White
- VISCOSITY at 25 °C, mPa.s 25-40,000
- DENSITY at 25 °C, g/cm3 1,10
- WORKING TIME at 25 °C: 3h .
- DEMOULDING TIME at 25 °C: 24h
- HARDNESS (Shore A) : 12
- BREAKING STRENGTH, Kg/cm2: 34
- ELONGATION STRENGTH, % : 550
- TEAR STRENGTH, Kg/cm.: 22
The following points must be observed in order to achieve a good use of silicone:
1. Use a clean, dry container to mix the base and catalyst thoroughly, with manual or mechanical agitation, avoiding the addition of air to the mixture.
2. In order to obtain moulds without internal voids, it is advisable to deaerate the mixture. For this purpose, a vacuum in a chamber between 30 and 50 mm/hg. for a few minutes is sufficient.
3. Pouring of the mixture must be done with caution to avoid incorporation of air, which would result in the formation of bubbles.
METHOD OF USE
To make a silicone mould with the mould silicone and catalyst, follow the steps below:
- Find a container with suitable dimensions for the object to be moulded. In order not to need extra product, we recommend a container with the most suitable dimensions for the object.
- If you wish, you can use a release agent on the object to make it easier to remove. Otherwise, this silicone is easy to remove using soap and water once it has hardened.
- Cover the base of the container with plastic film and place the object to be moulded in it.
- Pour a small amount of the silicone and catalyst mixture to cover the base of the mould, holding the object at the base to prevent it from moving. Allow to dry
- Cover the rest of the mould with the silicone and catalyst mixture.
- Leave to dry for several hours until hardened.
HYGIENE AND SAFETY
The catalysts contain toxic tin salts and therefore it is recommended to avoid contact with skin and splashes in the eyes during handling. In case of accidental contact, wash immediately with plenty of water and consult a doctor. For further information, please ask for product safety manual.