Oxalic acid is a strong carboxylic acid with many applications. It is particularly suitable for polishing marble and granite floors. It is also used for fibreglass applications and for cleaning chrome parts.
IDENTIFICATION AND PROPERTIES OF OXALIC ACID
Name: Oxalic acid
- Appearance: Colourless hygroscopic crystals or white powder
- Odour: Odourless
- pH ( at 50 g/l H2O) (20ºC): Approx. 0.7 to 6.15%
- Melting point: 190°C
- Boiling point: 150ºC
- Flammability (solid/gas): Non-flammable
- Explosive limits: Non-explosive
- Vapour pressure (25ºC): 0.0312 Pa
- Relative density (H2O=1): 0.813 g/ml
- Solubility in water (25ºC): 108 g/l - Highly soluble
- Partition coefficient n-octanol/water (log Kow) (23ºC): -0.81
- Auto-ignition temperature: No relative auto-ignition temperature below 400°C.
- Decomposition temperature: >160°C
- Explosive properties: Non-explosive
- Oxidising properties: Non-combustive
Oxalic acid is used for its characteristics as an organic acid in the cleaning of chrome-plated parts, fibreglass, agriculture... In this section you can read about the uses of oxalic acid. Uses Oxalic Acid
- Raw material for the cosmetic, pharmaceutical and food industries.
- Exclusive use professional user/industrial user
Good quality product and fulfilled its function perfectly.