The polydimethylsiloxane o dimethicone dimethicone is the linear polymer of dimethylsiloxane. It belongs to the group of substances known as Silicones. The molecular structure of this fluid gives them excellent properties, among which we will highlight:
- Low solidification point
- Excellent stability at elevated temperatures
- Low temperature-dependent viscosity variation
- Chemically inert to most chemical agents
- Low surface tension
- No degradation by the action of atmospheric agents
- High compressibility
- Good dielectric properties
- This dimethicone is formulated with components approved by EU regulations to be in contact with foodstuffs.
- TYPE: Dimethicone
- PHYSICAL FORM: Liquid
- COLOUR: Transparent
- DENSITY, 25ºC: 0,970 g/cm3
- VISCOSITY, 25º1C: You can find 3 different viscosities: 100 cst, 350cst and 1000cst. You can select it in the product sheet itself.
- FLASH POINT: 300º.
- SURFACE STRESS 20,9 mN/m
Dimethylsiloxane can be used as a base fluid and as an additive in many personal care products: deodorants, hair sprays, cleansing creams, skin creams, lotions and lotion sticks, bath oils, suntan lotions, shaving foams or various make-up products etc.
It is also widely used in detergent and maintenance formulations to provide excellent gloss and protection.
There are also numerous applications of silicone fluids in the different sectors of industry, as a product for direct use or as an ingredient in formulations: Hydraulic oils, heat transfer fluids, water repellence and surface protection, dielectric fluids, anti-sticking agent, mould release agents, lubricants,
brighteners, surfactant additives, etc.
IDENTIFICATION AND PROPERTIES
Name: Dimethicone, Dimethyl siloxane
There are no reviews yet.