Methylene blue, also called methylthionine chloride, is an organic dye with multiple functions. It is also known as methylthionine chloride. It has great antiseptic and healing properties. It is used in aquaculture with tropical fish to treat fungal infestations. It can be effective in treating fish infected with the protozoan parasite, milkweed fungus rotozoa ich: ichthyophthirius multifiliis, as well as for disinfecting and healing wounds in fish. For direct use in aquaria: 1% solution. Dosage: 1 drop of 1% solution per 1 litre of water.
IDENTIFICATION AND PROPERTIES
Name: Methylene blue
- Physical state (20ºC): Liquid+
- Colour: Blue
- Odour: Odourless
- Boiling point/ Initial boiling point/ boiling range: ≥ 100ºC (estimated)
- Vapour pressure: negligible
- Flammability: Not highly flammable
- Melting point: > 100 (180-190) ºC (methylthioninium chloride, methylene blue)
- pH: 4-6 (10 g/L, 20 ºC) (methylthioninium chloride, methylene blue)
- Solubility: Soluble in water
- Water solubility: 50 g/L (20 ºC) (methylthioninium chloride, methylene blue)
José María Santiago Sáez -
Quality product and fast delivery. They deliver what they promise.