Also called methylthionine chloride, it is an organic dye with multiple functions. It is also known as methylthionine chloride. Its main use is as a dye for industrial use, used as a paint in staining for observations through a microscope and for painting results in laboratories.
IDENTIFICATION AND PROPERTIES
Name: Methylene blue
Synonyms: Methylthionine chloride
Chemical formula: C16H24ClN3O3S
- Physical state (20ºC): Powder-Solid
- Colour: Blue
- Odour: Odourless
- Vapour pressure: negligible
- Flammability: This material is combustible, but not readily flammable.
- Melting point: > 100 (180-190) ºC
- Decomposition temperature: > 190 ºC
- pH: 4-6 (10 g/L, 20 ºC)
- Solubility: Soluble in water
- Water solubility: 50 g/L (20 ºC) (similar products)
- Bulk density: 400-600 kg/m³ (similar products)
USES OF METHYLENE BLUE
- Dye for industrial use
There are no reviews yet.