Aluminium Sulphate is a white powdery chemical substance. It is an inorganic coagulant for the treatment of drinking and waste water. This substance is used in the following products: pH regulators and water treatment and purification products, water treatment chemicals, fertilisers, cosmetics and personal care products, washing and cleaning products.
SULPHATE IDENTIFICATION AND PROPERTIES
Name: Aluminium Sulphate
- Appearance (1013 hPa, 20ºC): Solid, white powder
- Odour: Odourless
- pH (1% in aqueous solution; 20ºC): 3.2
- Melting point: >300ºC (of the pure solid substance)
- Boiling point: Approx. 100ºC
- Flammability (solid/gas): Non-flammable
- Relative density: 1.79 g/cm3
- Solubility in water (20ºC): >1000 g/l
- Explosive properties: Non-explosive
- Oxidising properties: Non-oxidising
Aluminium sulphate is used in a variety of products related to water pH regulation. It is also widely used as a flocculant in swimming poolsfor drinking water treatmentin fertilisers, cosmetics and personal care products, and washing and cleaning products.
- POTABLE. Coagulating agent in water clarification.
- WASTE. Coagulating agent
- Paper industries. Aluminium input in the process of
- Sugar industry. Clarifying agent in the treatment of
beet pulp before pressing.
- Fertilisers. Additive in the manufacturing process of
nitrogen fertilisers (e.g. ammonium nitrate).
- Construction. Setting accelerator for mortars and grouts.
- Raw material for the chemical industry.
- Leather tanning industries.