Calcium carbonate is a very common product that comes from rocks all over the world. Calcium carbonate is the main component of shells of marine organisms, snails and molluscs. It has many uses, including its use in raising the pH of soil, raising the pH of acidic soils. In addition to raising the pH, calcium carbonate provides better nitrogen fixation and increases nitrification and mineralisation.
IDENTIFICATION AND PROPERTIES
Name: Calcium Carbonate
Synonyms: Precipitated Calcium Carbonate
- Appearance: Crystals, powder
- Colour: White
- Odour: Odourless
- pH (20%): 8,5-9,5
- Melting point: >800°C (1013 hPa).
- Boiling point: Decomposes below the melting point.
- Flammability temperature: Non-flammable
- Density (relative): 2.6-2.8 kg/l (20ºC)
- Solubility in water: 0.014 g/l at 20ºC; 0.018 g/l (75ºC)
- Decomposition temperature: >600ºC
- Manufacture of paints, varnishes and similar coatings
- Printing dye and fillers
- Industry technician
- Manufacture of rubber products
- Manufacture of plastic products
- Paper and board manufacture
- Manufacture of soaps, detergents, cleaning and polishing mixtures and polishes
- Building construction and construction work
- Filling and mixing
- Bulking agent or pigment
There are no reviews yet.