Sodium Polyacrylate, also known as super absorbent polymer, SAP, is a polymer with a capacity to absorb large amounts of water. The absorption of sodium polyacrylate is up to 100 times its weight in water. As it absorbs water it acquires a gel-like texture as you can see in the product images.
IDENTIFICATION AND PROPERTIES
Name: Sodium polyacrylate
Synonyms: Sodium polyacrylate. Salt of polyacrylic acid.
Appearance: White powder
You can see more properties of Sodium Polyacrylate in this section: Properties Sodium Polyacrylate.
To see the detail of the Sodium Polyacrylate you receive when you place your order, you can watch this video: Video Sodium Polyacrylate
USES OF SODIUM POLYACRYLATE
Sodium polyacrylate has a multitude of uses such as:
- Making artificial snow. The substance generated by mixing sodium polyacrylate with water acquires the texture of artificial snow, making it a very entertaining game for children, as well as for shop decoration.
- Water viscosity increase, gardening: To increase water viscosity in some applications.
- Sodium polyacrylate is also used in baby nappies (it is what gives them their absorbent capacity) or in sanitary napkins.
- Water filters
- Hot/cold compresses
- Cosmetics (approved up to a composition of 1%)
- Disposal of waste water
- Food transport. Approved and certified for 20Kg bag.
See details of the uses of sodium polyacrylate