Copper(II) Sulphate 5-hydrate, formula: CuSO4 - 5H2O. Copper sulphate is a water-soluble metallic salt, in its hydrated form it is bright blue, with many uses as a fungicide in agriculture, as an algaecide and as a supplement in animal feed.
Authorised for feed. Trace element E-4 Nutritional additive (cupric sulphate pentahydrate). Conditions for authorisation: Regulatory Commission (EC): No 1334/2003 of 25/07/2003.
IDENTIFICATION AND PROPERTIES OF CUPRIC SULPHATE
Name: Copper Sulphate Pentahydrate
Chemical formula: CuSO4 - 5H2O
- Appearance: blue crystalline solid
- Odour: Odourless
- pH: 3.5-4.5 (10% solution,20ºC)
- Melting/freezing point: Decomposes without melting at 110ºC.
- Boiling point: >110ºC
- Flash point: >61ºC
- Flammability (solid,gas): Non-flammable
- Relative density: 2.286 g/cm3 (20ºC)
- Solubility: 22g/100g H2O at 25ºC
- Decomposition temperature: >110ºC
- Industrial use
- Feed additive